This 1927 Hart Parr 12-24 Serial #38046 is equipped with an
original PTO unit which mounts on the right side and derives its
power from the counterbalance on the right end of the crankshaft.
It is engaged and disengaged try a hand lever mounted on top of the
right fender that controls a band clutch that operates off the
counter balance. Specs are 5′ bore, 6′ stroke, 850 RPM, 338
cubic inches, 3 speed transmission, weight 4800 lbs. It is capable
of handling a 22-24 in. separator, 2-3 plow and could work 6-12
acres in 10 hours. Owner is Dave Preuhs, LeCenter, Minnesota.
This photo is a 1911 6 HP Screen Cooled Stover, Serial #DX34853,
340 RPM. It was manufactured by the Stover Engine Works, Freeport,
IL. This engine came from western Pennsylvania and was used for
auxiliary power when one of the main engines was shut down for
repairs. It was also used in the gas fields. When the engine was
purchased, a beam in the barn where it was stored fell down and
smashed the cooling tower. It was quite a job restoring the tower.
Approximately 180 hours was used in restoring it to it’s
present condition. The engine is owned by Steve Petris, RD#2, Box
156, Gillett, Pennsylvania 16925.