MISCELLANEOUS

By Staff
1 / 5
2 / 5
3 / 5
1937 Caterpillar RD-4 and 1931 Cat wide gauge 15. Owned by Russell Langworthy of 310 E. 5th St., Northfield, MN 55057, these tractors are used on his farm in Cannon Falls, MN every spring. Yes, he knows the 15 is the wrong color, but has no time to repain
4 / 5
Norm Stuckey of Dayton, OH owns this Aultman Taylor tractor photographed at a Miami Valley Steam Threshers Show.
5 / 5
The Old Days: John F. Harris of Box 167, Frankfort, IN 46041 in a 1940 photo pulls a 3 section spring tooth harrow with a roller on his 1928 McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor.

THE MAYTAG LIGHT PLANT The Maytag light plant was produced from
1947-1950. It was a most reliable and useful piece of equipment
that delivered around 300 watts of 110 volt electricity. The light
plant had a six volt output that was used for lighting or charging
batteries. Few of the units were sold, since they were produced at
a time when electricity was being extended to rural areas. They are
very scarce today. The light plant is owned by Marvin Frahm, 208 W.
Main, Box 46, Oakland, IL 61943. Photos by Ronald Mayfield.

Gas Engine Magazine
Gas Engine Magazine
Preserving the History of Internal Combustion Engines