Is this a Trencher?

Author Photo
By Staff

I’m not expecting this to get published in your magazine; I’m just curious as to what this piece of equipment is that’s been in the woods behind our house ever since we moved here almost 12 years ago – and was probably there for decades before that. The wheel says “National Drill Mfg. Co.” and other pieces have designations like G2, G4 and G10. I tried to Google the name, but couldn’t find anything. I presume it’s farm planting equipment of some kind. I’m not a farming enthusiast, so I’m not familiar with farming equipment or websites/blogs devoted to this kind of thing.

Scott Davidson

Please send your questions and comments for Flywheel Forum to Gas Engine Magazine, 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, KS 66609-1265 or email editor@gasenginemagazine.com

Published on May 8, 2018

Gas Engine Magazine

Preserving the History of Internal Combustion Engines