Olds Gas Engine Works’ roots can be traced back to 1880, when the Lansing, Mich.-based company was established as P.F. Olds & Son. For the next 25 to 30 years, the company underwent many changes, most notably the transition from Olds Gas Power Co. to the Saeger Engine Works.
The photos shown here are from the collection of David Kolzow Jr., Hampton, Iowa. Some were originally produced for Olds catalogs, while others were taken by A.L. Pouleur, an Olds chemist in the early 1900s. Most of these photos have never been seen by the general public.