The Rogers Pioneer Power Association


| June/July 1989



1915 Minneapolis 35-70.

1915 Minneapolis 35-70.

P.O. Box 447, Maple Plain, MN 55359

The Rogers Pioneer Power Association's annual three day show at Rogers, Minnesota has one of the biggest collections of large gas fueled tractors in the Upper Midwest, as well as being a many-faceted show with appeal to all ages.

Less than one-half mile north of Rogers, on Minnesota Highway 101, an Advance Rumely threshing machine, circa 1920, stands at the east side of the highway all year, pointing the way into the grounds and announcing the date of the upcoming show.

The group organized as the Anoka Engine Club in 1970 and exhibited their gas engines and old time machinery at the Sherburn County Fair at Elk River, MN, continuing to show there annually for a number of years. They also began their own show in the Rogers area on the Dahlheimer farm, then moved to their present location on the Walter Dehn farm and have continued to show there ever since.

Today, the show grounds has fourteen permanent buildings including a power plant, a blacksmith shop, log cabin, newspaper office, childrens' barn, womens' activities building, office, dining hall, granary and storage.

The power plant contains four engines, one of the earlier models being used to provide power on club work days and for social gatherings. The two Cummings are used for the show, providing power for the kitchen, two soft ice cream machines and a walk-in refrigerator, as well as the ordinary lighting needs.