Mystery pump info request

Flywheel Forum

| June 2009

  • pump1

  • pump2

  • pump1
  • pump2

I would like to know what sort of pump this is. Is it a pressure-type pump, as it does not seem to have very big pistons, to get higher volume?

It was used to pump water from a creek, but there was a much larger Ruston-Hornsby pump there too, which was used to fill a plunge-dip to dip sheep.

Phil Dowe, Queensland, Australia; dowefamily@bigpond.comĀ 


Gas Engine Magazine A_M 16Gas Engine Magazine is your best source for tractor and stationary gas engine information.  Subscribe and connect with more than 23,000 other gas engine collectors and build your knowledge, share your passion and search for parts, in the publication written by and for gas engine enthusiasts! Gas Engine Magazine brings you: restoration stories, company histories, and technical advice. Plus our Flywheel Forum column helps answer your engine inquiries!

Be sure to take advantage of the Square Deal Subscription Program.

  • No Missed Issues.

  • No Renewal Notices.

  • No Additional Cost.

The Square Deal Subscription Program is designed as a paperless transaction with automatic renewals at a preferred low rate.   With advanced electronic notification, a 100% satisfaction guarantee and an easy opt-out plan, the Square Deal Subscription Program is the best value, risk free, eco-friendliest way to subscribe.

Facebook YouTube


click me