THE MAYTAG LIGHT PLANT The Maytag light plant was produced from 1947-1950. It was a most reliable and useful piece of equipment that delivered around 300 watts of 110 volt electricity. The light plant had a six volt output that was used for lighting or charging batteries. Few of the units were sold, since they were produced at a time when electricity was being extended to rural areas. They are very scarce today. The light plant is owned by Marvin Frahm, 208 W. Main, Box 46, Oakland, IL 61943. Photos by Ronald Mayfield.