IN MEMORIAM


| June/July 1996



LOTUS W. ALEXANDE 78, of Franklin Street died March 5, 1996 .

He formerly operated Alexander's Cabinet and Appliance Center, in Columbus, Indiana. A member of First Baptist Church, he served as deacon, trustee, Sunday School teacher, and building committee member.

He was a member of National Kitchen and Bath Association and was a certified kitchen designer emeritus. A former Boy Scout leader, he received the District Award of Merit in 1983 and the Silver Beaver Award in 1984.

He taught photography and wood working at the Boys Club, was a member of Camera Club, life member of Tri-State Gas Engine and Tractor Association, member of Antique Engine Collectors, former member of Columbus Chamber of Commerce and a member of St. John's Masonic Lodge.

For many years he promoted a neighborhood Fourth of July parade.

From 1956 to 1985 he was assistant leader of Leaders of City Workers 4-H Club. He was also the recipient of the Bartholomew County Historical Society's Tipton Award.