I need help

| July/August 1974

  • Two views of an engine
    Courtesy of Norman G. Davis, R.R. 1, Box 84, Sherrard, Illinois 61281
    Norman G. Davis
  • Two views of an engine

    Norman G. Davis

  • Two views of an engine
  • Two views of an engine

Pictures are two views of an engine that I got a couple years ago. I can't find a name for it. It has four bolts to hold the igniter plate on. The odd thing of it is the carburetor goes in front of the head just above the exhaust valve. The intake goes in through the igniter hole with the spring in going straight out right side of engine. Gas Tank and Base The water hopper is cast by itself. The cylinder and base with main bearing mounts altogether. The water jacket just slides on over the cylinder with jacket on the back then head goes on to hold water jacket in place. Please help!


Gas Engine Magazine A_M 16Gas Engine Magazine is your best source for tractor and stationary gas engine information.  Subscribe and connect with more than 23,000 other gas engine collectors and build your knowledge, share your passion and search for parts, in the publication written by and for gas engine enthusiasts! Gas Engine Magazine brings you: restoration stories, company histories, and technical advice. Plus our Flywheel Forum column helps answer your engine inquiries!

Be sure to take advantage of the Square Deal Subscription Program.

  • No Missed Issues.

  • No Renewal Notices.

  • No Additional Cost.

The Square Deal Subscription Program is designed as a paperless transaction with automatic renewals at a preferred low rate.   With advanced electronic notification, a 100% satisfaction guarantee and an easy opt-out plan, the Square Deal Subscription Program is the best value, risk free, eco-friendliest way to subscribe.

Facebook YouTube


click me