Manufacturer: Miller Gas Engine Co., Springfield, Ohio
This 50 HP Miller single-cylinder gas engine was originally installed at the Roth Milling Co. of Prospect, Pa. in 1947.
It is believed that this is the last new engine shipped by the Miller Gas Engine Co. of Springfield, Ohio.
It is a 4-cycle, throttle-governed gas engine having a 13-inch bore and 20-inch stroke. Shipping weight is 13,500 pounds. Curiously, this crosshead-style engine was actually built in 1919 but not sold until 1947.
After a 1956 clutch failure in the flour mill, the engine sat dormant until Ellis Wellman of Chardon, Ohio, removed and refurbished it in 1968.
The 50 HP Miller is presently owned by Bill Hazzard of King of Prussia, Pa., and is on loan to the Coolspring Power Museum.
Contact the Coolspring Power Museum at: P.O. Box 19, Coolspring, PA 15730; (814) 849-6883; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.coolspringpowermuseum.org