Third Annual Delaware Agricultural Museum Show


| December/January 1986

  • Delaware Agricultural Museum

  • A row of about a dozen tractors in the museum
    A row of about a dozen tractors in the museum's main exhibit building.
  • Engines at gas engine show

  • Engines at gas engine show
    Engines at the 3rd annual gas engine show at Delaware Agricultural Museum.
  • More scenes from the Delaware Museum
    More scenes from the Delaware Museum include a wind mill.
  • Engines at gas engine show

  • Reconstructed blacksmith's shop
    Reconstructed blacksmith's shop, courtesy of Ed Evans.
  • 12-24 Happy Farmer tractor
    Wallis tractor, the 1914 LaCrosse 12-24 Happy Farmer tractor is on display
  • Wallis tractor
    Wallis tractor, the 1914 LaCrosse 12-24 Happy Farmer tractor is on display

  • Delaware Agricultural Museum
  • A row of about a dozen tractors in the museum
  • Engines at gas engine show
  • Engines at gas engine show
  • More scenes from the Delaware Museum
  • Engines at gas engine show
  • Reconstructed blacksmith's shop
  • 12-24 Happy Farmer tractor
  • Wallis tractor

On Saturday, September 27, the Delaware Agricultural Museum hosted its third annual Gas Engine Show and Antique Fair.

The museum was founded in 1974 by a group associated with agriculture and dedicated to preserving Delaware's agricultural heritage. It is located on Route 13, just north of Dover, the state capital.

Soon a corn house built between 1825 and 1850 will be moved to the grounds thanks to a state grant.

The organization's aim is to share an understanding of the region's agricultural past. The museum opened to the public in August 1980.



Among permanent exhibits on the museum's grounds are a water-powered mill, blacksmith shop, farm house, granary and barn. The main exhibit building houses numerous displays of farming equipment including two steam traction engines and about a dozen tractors.

The museum is open all year except January to March, Tuesday through Saturday 10-4; from July to September it is also open Sundays 1 to 4; admission is charged.