Eschback P.O. Box 215 Mertztown, PA 19539
The Old Time Plow Boys Club, Inc. held a dedication ceremony at their 8th annual Summer Plowing Show in Kutztown, Pennsylvania, on Sunday, August 10, 1997 for a 1937 F-20 McCormick Deering farm tractor and mounted corn picker.
The 1937 F-20 McCormick Deering farm tractor, serial #124823, was originally purchased by Henry Rohn in 1937 from Carl Dunmire, an International dealer in Sanatoga, Pennsylvania. The mounted corn picker was displayed at the New York World's Fair in 1938. Henry Rohn purchased this piece of vintage equipment that same year. In 1986, the tractor and corn picker were given to Lawrence R. Clauss, Sr. of Erb & Henry Equipment, Inc., New Berlinville, Pennsylvania.
In July 1993, Erb & Henry Equipment, Inc. donated the tractor and corn picker to our club. The restoration work was completed by G & R Tractor Repair, Kutztown, Pennsylvania.
A plaque was presented to Erb & Henry Equipment, Inc. for their donation of the 1937 F-20 McCormick Deering farm tractor and mounted corn picker.
The Old Time Plow Boys Club, Inc., was established in May 1990, by a few local vintage tractor owners, and has grown to a membership of over 500 today. In February 1993, we became a non-profit corporation. In May 1993, the club negotiated with Kutztown University and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to lease fifty-plus tillable acres and out buildings, located at the Pennsylvania German Cultural Heritage Center, Luckenbill Road, Kutztown. We are currently farming the land with vintage farm machinery as much as possible.