LESUEUR County Pioneer Power ASSOCIATION SHOW REPORT


| July/August 1988



15-25 Rock Island

Nicely restored 1929 15-25 Rock Island owned by Jim Schultz of LeSueur, MN.

Route 1, Box 139 LeCenter, Minnesota 56057

The 14th Annual LeSueur County Pioneer Association Threshing Show was held August 28, 29, 30, 1987 at the club's permanent showgrounds located 6 miles east of LeSueur, Minnesota.

The weather cooperated perfectly with not only good weather during the show, but with a dry week preceding the show and with a dry week after the show. As all of you that are involved with putting on a show know, good weather conditions before and after the show are very important also.

Eighteen acres of oats and wheat were threshed using a wood 36x60 Nichols and Shepard with wing feeders, a 22 inch McCormick Deering, a 28 inch John Deere, wood 24x42 Case Agitator hand feed, and new in '87' was the operation of an 18 inch Champion over shot hand feed separator powered by a one horse Keystone tread mill. This complete set was bought from the family of the original owners in Upper Michigan and restored by the Don Pfarr family of LeSueur, Minnesota. Other field activities included: clover hulling, corn shredding, plowing, corn picking with one row picker, cutting corn with a binder, shelling corn, silage cutting, baling, grinding feed, etc. All operations are powered by antique tractors, steam engines, gas engines, or teams of horses.

The huge 1929 64-ton Mclntosh & Seymour 375HP diesel engine was not quite ready to run for the show, but several weeks after the show it was finally fired up and promises to be running for the '88' show.

The 1859 Matthew Hynson log cabin was completed and furnished and proved to be a very interesting display. A guest book was kept in the cabin and of the several thousand people that signed, 21 different states and 6 foreign countries were represented.