Freeland Valley Antique Power Club 2001 Show


| March/April 2002



2 HP White-Lilly

The 10th Annual Freeland Valley Antique Power Show held this past July 27-29 was a winner, with more tractors, more engines, more flea market vendors and exhibitors, and more people attending than ever before.

The club hosted the Buckeye Chapter of the Cockshutt Tractor Club, and 52 Cockshutt and four Co-op tractors were in attendance. We also featured all makes of engines, and there were over 100 various tractors and over 100 different engines on display.

A 1907 2 HP White-Lilly, one of three known to exist, and a White-Lilly wooden washing machine, owned by Ed Ruch, Sardis, Ohio.

We now have a 110 HP Bessemer engine that was donated to our club by Eastern America Energy Co. Located in West Virginia when we found it, members of our club traveled there and disassembled the engine and compressor, loaded it on trucks and took it to our club location - we looked like a convoy of salvage trucks! The Bessemer is now setup and operating at our showgrounds, and the Ingersoll-Rand compressor that came with it will be operating soon. Mark Gotschall ran the Bessemer during the show, and it was a big attention getter.

Among the exhibits at the show was a White-Lilly wooden washing machine, a 1917 hay press, a rifle boring machine and a barrel stave sander. There were many antique cars and trucks on display, and members of the American Truck Historical Society, Central Ohio Chapter, displayed antique wreckers and semi-tractors and trailers.

A 1915 7 Hp Bauer Type B exhaust monitor engine, owned by Jim Nicholson, Cambridge, Ohio. Bauer Manufacturing Co. set up shop in Kansas City, Mo., around 1894. Engine production stopped in 1920.