RR 6, Box 253, Rochester, IN 46975
Here is a picture taken in 1948 of the tractor cab that we had on our Farmall H tractor. This cab was designed and manufactured in 1948 by the Abbott Cab Company of Fulton, Indiana. Ours was the first cab sold.
The windshield opened forward, the side window pushed up into the roof and the lower side panels were canvas and rolled up for warm weather. Also, there was a removable rear panel of canvas on a steel frame.
For wintertime a windbreaker was attached to the front which brought heat from the engine. In 1958 we installed the cab on an IH 141 self-propelled combine with a corn head.