The Agriculture Hall of Fame and National Center opens their doors to their new agriculture museum.
Sixty years of progress in the industry and engineering advancements were really brought into focus when in November the Peoples Broadcasting Company and WRFD Radio, Worthington, Ohio, donated to the Agriculture Hall of Fame and National Center at Bonner Springs, Kansas, two carloads of antique International Harvester tractors and other related pieces of antique farm machinery.
Several years ago, the Peoples Broadcasting Company and WRFD Radio had plans to formulate in Worthington, Ohio, an agriculture complex including museum to form the nucleus of a large and informative agriculture museum on their property. Their plans for the agriculture museum did not develop and the antiques were placed in storage. The major portion of the antique tractors that were shipped to the Agriculture Hall of Fame and National Center were purchased from the private collection of our former. I.H. District Manager at Columbus, Mr. Nester Heitz, by Peoples Broadcasting Company and WRFD.
In the summer of 1965, the Agriculture Hall of Fame and National Center at Bonner Springs, Kansas became a reality, making this a national attraction where the displaying of the fine antique tractors and equipment pictured here could be seen and appreciated by many more people than they could have on a regional basis, so the Peoples Broadcasting Company and WRFD donated their entire collection to the Agriculture Hall of Fame and National Center. The total collection consisted of eight tractors, the International motor cultivator, an Eli Baler, a Keystone corn planter, a Wooden hand seeder, a P & O plow, and horse-drawn drill.
Some other interesting notes on these tractors were the 1916 Mogul which was the grand prize winner at the Panama-Pacific National Exposition in California many years ago and winner of the outstanding equipment exhibited which was the highest possible award. This tractor was originally owned by Mr. Philip Brehm of Celina, Ohio.
There was also a 1919 #816 gear-driven tractor that come originally from Mr. Gideon Foster of Millersport, Ohio.
110 HP 1206 TURBO
January, 1966 Columbus District News, Farm Equipment Division,3700 Sullivan Avenue.