Robert Geiken stands with his 5 HP Aermotor engine. This was only made for two years by the Aermotor Co. of Chicago, the same company that built Aermotor windmills. '
'Left: Geiken shows off the rare Ypsi engine, made as a school project by teenagers in Ypsilanti, Mich. Only a few of these little engines are known to exist. '
'Geiken sits with his Dean Electric engine, which was only built for the Elyria, Ohio, firm by St. Mary’s Machine Co. of St. Mary’s, Ohio. This gearless 2-1/2 HP machine, serial no. 3948, was built around 1910. '
'This extremely rare engine is a 6 HP Oshkosh manufactured by Oshkosh Mfg. Co., Oshkosh, Wis., in 1911 or 1912, the only two years the company existed. It does not have a tag, stamp or any other marking other than “Oshkosh” cast in the hopper. '
'Left: Some people believe Secord & Orr Co. of Jackson, Mich., never produced any engines at all, and the little information available helps keep that belief alive. However, here is proof in the form of a 1912 4 HP S&O engine, serial no. 1456. '
'This gearless Weber engine, patented in 1901, was manufactured by Weber Gas Engine Co. of Kansas City, Mo., and is numbered 7960. '
'The 5 HP Stickney shown here carries serial no. 13372, and was built in 1912. '
'This 4 HP Wogaman Sure-Go was built in Greenville, Ohio, in 1908. For more information on the Wogaman engines, see pages 6-9 in this issue. '