Andy and Mervin Eickmcyer of Deer Park

Courtesy of C. A. Harsch, E 9915 Trent, Spokane, Washington 99206.

C. A. Harsch

Content Tools

Andy and Mervin Eickmcyer of Deer Park, Washington, shown tending two old International tractors at the 1982 Spokane Fair. Both are active members of Inland Empire Steam and Gas Buffs Club.

1. A picture of Willard Wilks (Rt. 2, Box 221, Brinkley, Arkansas 72021) 1 HP Nelson Brothers engine after restoration was completed. A 'before' picture appeared in a 1981 issue of GEM and because of that, another reader with an engine like it missing different parts and Wilks corresponded and were able to get parts cast for their respective engines.

2. This is Don Redlin on his new creation, named the 'Redlin Special.' It is a three-wheeled motorcycle powered by a 1940 Fairbanks-Morse gas engine with an enclosed crank case. It is a 6/7 HP that can reach a speed of 30-35 MPH. Parts included in the 'Special' are by such varied companies as BMW, Volkswagon, Bellini (Italian motorcycle parts), Fairbanks-Morse, Kelly Ryan, Chevrolet, International, Massey-Harris, Cushman (parts from golf carts). Don, who lives at 1148 Crestview Dr., Watertown, South Dakota 57201, has entered his 'Special' in many of the centennial and Fourth of July parades in his area.

3. Earl Loar, 308 E. Harvard, Fresno, California 93704, sent us this picture of his Bull Dogg 'family.' The 1 HP engines created quite a lot of interest at the Early Days Gas Engine and Tractor Association national meeting in San Jose, California, last year.

4. This Detroit Harvester sickle mower belongs to 17-year-old Brian Culy, RR2, New Haven, Indiana 46774. It is a model M, serial number 336, powered by a Jacobsen model WI 497 15. The sickle bar is 36' long and the steel wheel is 36' tall. There is an eye on the front which Brian believes was used for pulling the mower with a small horse or pony. He began the restoration in 1981 and upon completion, took it to a number of shows in Indiana and Ohio. He would like information on what year it was built and on the Detroit Harvester company.