Cooper Engineering Co. began rebadging Stover engines around 1907.
A pre-1936 Cooper brochure, evidenced by the old style bracket arm (the overhead, belt-driven shaft from the flywheel), used from 1929-1935.
This engine, serial no. TA 3736, is owned by Dave Hartwig of Queanbeyan, Australia, and has a casting date of Aug. 11, 1937.
This Cooper tag gives the following specifications: HP: 2-2-1/8, Speed: 575, No: TB 37356.
Bob Geraghty owns serial no. TB 37356, believed to have been built in 1937.
A Cooper semi-portable two-stand shearing outfit owned by Don Blesing of South Australia. Given the serial no. TB 431083, we can determine this was engine number 1083 of 1943. Being semi-portable, no wheels were originally fitted.
Serial no. TB 14248, belonging to John Elliot of South Australia. According to C.H. Wendel’s Notebook, serial no. 214248 was sold in the U.S. in 1931.
Comparing this U.S.-built engine to Geraghty’s shows there are many similarities between the engines.