EDGE & TA 2002 Southwest Regional Show Brings Out
David Traver, Placerville, Calif., brought this 1903 10 HP Ohio. Built by The Ohio Motor Co., Sandusky Ohio, this engine once ran a generator in a silent movie theater in Wichita, Kan.
Chuck and Peggy Schoppe's 1895 4 HP Mery double-acting engine made by the Chico Iron Works, Chico, Calif. Note the two plugs, single-cylinder.
Frank Ferguson's 1892 3 HP Best, built by Daniel Best in San Leandro, Calif. This is the only 3 HP Best engine extant. Originally consigned to pump water at a California ranch, it was retired in 1918 and salvaged and restored in the late 1960s.
A beautiful, apparently original IHC 10-20 Titan. Featuring short fenders, it dates from the 1916-1919 period.
Bill Santos (in red shirt) looks over his 1918 Big Bull prior to running it around the show ground field.